Monday 14 February 2011

4- views on religion

Ok, I did write this yesterday but I got distracted whilst watching 500 days of Summer, then I fell asleep! So here it is...

Well I did ethics and the philosophy of religion for A-level so I could probably write an essay on this but I'll try to keep it short- put simply my belief is God doesn't exist. My reasons behind this (of which there are many many many more than I will say here) are that there's too much evil in the world to justify him existing and I don't believe that 'we're all from the loins of Adam who sinned so we're born sinners", there's no proof he existed and probably by far the greatest reason for his non existence DINOSAURS (and evolution). The Bible is just a big story book used by leaders to scare people and make them behave.

However religion fascinates me and people who are religious fascinate me, when I was younger I went to Sunday school and at the age of about 11 I was pretty convinced to run away and become a nun, I do actually collect old stanhope rosaries because they're beautiful and there's a lot of love and faith in them that they've collected over the years. I find churches amazing and one of the things in my life that impacted me the most was te trip to Ta Pinu Church in Gozo, there was room upon room of devotion letters and thank yous for 'miracles' that people had been blessed with and opposite the magnificant chruch was a path leading up a mountain which I believe is called ‘The Way of the Cross' and on the way there were massive white statues depicting the life of Christ with small shrines. I think if you have the faith and guts to be religious and put your life in the hands of someone that you can't see or even prove exisits then you're braver than me and I think religion is beautiful in its own way, sometimes I wish I was religious but I struggle with the concept.














No comments:

Post a Comment