Monday 21 March 2011

Sunshine

The last few days have been rather sunny and I've been stuck at work, which was very annoying. Today however I managed to get up pretty early (about 8) and went to Gillingham so a mechanic could look at my cars petrol tank and he should be getting back to me soon with a price. I had a little wander down the high street (Gillingham is not the nicest place on earth) but I manged to find a cute little tailoring shop where I dropped in my Peggy Page and Edgar & Swan dresses and they should be taken in and almost ready to wear by Friday (they still need quite a good wash as they smell like they've been sitting in a smoking room).

I've been doing a mixture of things since I got back home, a little trawl of eBay and some cross stitching (I'm determined to finish those Emily Peacock Kiss and Hug cushions this year!). I'm also trying to think of a birthday present and mother's day present for my mum (her birthday is always just a week away from mother's day which is quite inconvenient). Tonight I'm hoping to read some more of New Moon, although so far I'm not as impressed with it as I was with Twilight, there's too much Jacob and frankly I don't like him, I like vampires not werewolves (even though we're not meant to know he's a werewolf yet) but a friend of mine has promised that the vampires come back- all I can say is they better do it fast before I lose interest!

I havent posted in ages so I'm just going to talk about random things, so changing the subject from eBay to vampires and back to eBay again here are some of my latest buys...

I haven't yet recieved the first 2 things but they are the most awesome things I think I've ever got from eBay. The first one is a 1953 Coronation brooch, I love The Queen if you didn't know already and I think this is brilliant, it folds out with lots of little pictures of the Coronation day. And from the same seller (Susannah's Vintage Jewellery) a pair of art deco clip on ladybird earrings, they're adorable. I don;t have pierced ears as for some reason they never healed up and I remember I was about 10 when I had them done and 6weeks after they'd been pierced I was out shopping and someone came over and told me there was blood pouring from the back of my ears, so funnily enough I don't think I want to try piercing them again!



And I also got this pretty little miniature, which I'm pretty sure is a fake but it was cheap and it's a pretty fake so I'm keeping it as I love it.


And also to try and finish this (very stretched out ) 10 day challenge here are 5 people who mean a lot to me (in no particular order)
- Sam
- my Dad
- Cathy aka Skarsgard
- my Nan
- and The Queen (mainly because she's awesome)

No comments:

Post a Comment