Tuesday 12 July 2011

The Secret Lives of Dress

I've just finished reading 'The Secret Lives of Dresses' by Erin McKean and I loved it, it was a pretty easy going read and somewhat predictable story line but I didn't care how predictable it was as they writing was amazing. I won't spoil the story but it's centred around a vintage dress store in which the dresses are sold with 'secret lives'- the owner of the store has crafted stories told by each dress to explain where theyv'e been and why and what they've seen- from affairs to wedding days, it's brilliant and such a great idea. I have quite a few vintage pieces and the book is right- they're all tiny bits of history and they each have a story, I may start crafting stories for my dresses just to see how it goes as some of them do seem like they have personalities and great stories to tell.

All in all I loved the book and I love how it talks about clothing and the way women dress- read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment