Friday 1 July 2011

Birthday Buys

It was my birthday on Sunday and unfortunately since then I've been on a stint of night shifts so haven't been able to post anything. I had a lovely day, unfortunately I got sunburn the day before and was a little on the lobster side! I went to Rye with my parents, its such a beautiful little town with cobbled streets and antique shops- there was even a vintage shop in a cave! I didn't actually buy much in Rye except for some vintage cottons for my 20s dress as they looked as if they'd be a perfect match (I bought two slightly different orangey shades) and one was perfect, I just have to find some metal sequins, metal thread and pinky peach thread now.

Anyway for my birthday I got money and antique shop vouchers for Fieldstaff Antiques in Rochester so inbetween one of my night shifts I paid them a visit, I bought some long black suede opera gloves that go perfectly with my Dior dress, a cute silk dress and bolero which is very smart looking and I managed to buy a painting which I've wanted for ages- it was hidden in their kitchen which doubles as a changing room and I was told she's not for sale however the owner decided she wanted it to go to a good home, so she's now on my wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment