Thursday 9 June 2011

Dior



Here it is my beautiful vintage Dior dress! The person I bought it from it used to belong to their friend who used to teach piano and was given it as a gift from one of her students in Pimlico. It has two changeable belts so technically I suppose it's a 3 in 1 dress, one belt has a huge bow on which needed a little repairing, I picked it apart sewed the bow back on and then stuck it all back together and the second is just a plain belt. The dress is so beautifully made and has survived really well, although some of the lining needs stitching back up, it even has weights in the hem so the skirt falls properly. It smells a bit like old attics at the moment so I'm airing it, I think it must have been stored away for many many years. I love it and I'll never ever part with it. And here's some pictures of me picking the belt apart...

No comments:

Post a Comment