Saturday 25 September 2010

160th Ploughing Match




Today I went to my first ploughing match in 3 years and I've missed them big time. I'm pretty sure most people will have never heard of them let alone gone to one but being a bit of a country girl I feel bad when I miss one. They always have the cake and jam judging tent along with scarecrow and fresh fruit competitions this year, the giant pumpkins (I always hope to grow one of these but have always failed) a gymkhana and obviously the ploughing match itself along with the oldest and smartest farmers I've ever seen. I loved it and stupidly wore a dress and my hunter wellies and even though I was a little cold I really enjoyed it. I bought a couple of pumpkins ready for Halloween, some corn on the cob and a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment